Host your own Blog - choose JBrown Design

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dr. Dobson and Sean Hannity

I have to weigh in on this because this is really getting to me. Sean Hannity interviewed Dr. James Dobson on the radio a couple of days ago. Now, I am a Christian and agree with Dr. Dobson with his stance on family issues. I also understand his stance on the current top tier candidates on the Republican ticket and sticking to your moral values and your convictions.

What I can't figure out is if he is going to speak specifically about candidates he is not going to support, why won't he back someone? If you listened to this interview live, there was a caller shortly afterwards that backed Dr. Dobson on this issue and he didn't specifically back anyone either. The issue is this simple - I absolutely, positively do not want to see Clinton, Obama or Edwards become the President of this Country. When I go to the voting booth in November, I am going to vote for someone - it's either the Republican nominee or the Democratic nominee - there is not a "None of the Above" choice. If there is a 3rd party candidate, the Dems are in. There will be no chance for either the Republican nominee or the 3rd party candidate to come close. Nader and Perot have proven that it will make a difference.

So if you know you are not going to back a Democrat and you are not going to back Giuliani or Thompson, then pick one of the other candidates that fits in with your values and principles and do whatever is possible to get that person into the spot to win! This is not rocket science. I agree with Sean - either not voting at all or trying to build up an independent at this point is a bad idea.

We've just seen that Mike Huckabee ranked 3rd in the Iowa Polls. Well, does he not match exactly what you are looking for? You have not publicly denounced him, and I think he is exactly what this Country needs.

Dr. Dobson - back Mike Huckabee so that he can get the backing of the Christians in this Country. If not him, then one of the other candidates that should fit into the mold... but just PICK ONE!!! You do not realize what an extremely large following you have. By choosing someone, you are almost guaranteeing that Christian Conservatives will back that candidate at the ballot box. Instead of picking someone and getting their name out there, you've actually done a disservice by getting more press for Thompson and Giuliani.

Speak up and let your voice be heard! I have made my choice - I have made my donations, I started this blog, I tell everyone I meet about Mike, I have a sign in my front yard (which is a VERY heavily traveled road), I have a magnet on the back of my car and a bumper sticker on my wife's SUV. I've done my research and know where the other candidates stand on the issues, and I believe that Mike is not only the best candidate for the Republican Party, but he can truly beat anyone on the other ticket. But it has to be just the 2 parties, otherwise we're looking at Hillary care, $5000 baby bonds, partial birth abortion, a huge increase in terror attacks and higher taxes....